Let’s face it, the world has become a lot more competitive. The best jobs are harder to land, promotions are rare, and people are more educated than ever. We have more people with advanced degrees then the market needs!
We can no longer rely on our organizations to acknowledge our career aspirations because frankly, there’s not much they can do to help us either! We have to take things into our own hands. I’m excited to share this episode with you because these are skills that are critical to not only advance your career, but SURVIVE in today’s marketplace.
Today’s guest, Hannah Morgan is the the author of The Infographic Resume and Social Networking for Business Success. She’s been in the career business for over a decade so she’s seen how much things have changed and she understands what you need to do to stand out and thrive in this economic environment. Hannah is also the founder of Career Sherpa, where she helps people who are serious about their careers and future goals leverage social networks to create online visibility and a reputation of excellence.
In this episode you will learn:
- The key skills you need to develop in order to take control of your career management
- How to proactively share your accomplishments and showcase your skills
- How you should go about adapting to the current job market and economic landscape
Connect with Hannah:
- Connect with Hannah on Twitter @careershepa
- Check out her website, Career Sherpa
- Book she recommends: Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuck